Peter, The Apostle
"THE CHOSEN "
A Bible Study
- Lesson 2 -
1 Peter1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1. What is in a Word? It is easy to miss this, but, knowing Who Peter is referring to as "the God and Father" can change our perspective of relationship to and with God. Before you look at the answer, tell me, WHO you think of as THIS GOD and FATHER?
Who according to His great mercy
has caused us to be born again
to a living hope
2. What is this Great Mercy?
And what did His great mercy cause for us?
What does it mean, really, "to be born again"?
And, while we're at it, what is a "Living Hope", anyway?
through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
3. I’ve been told that Jesus died for my sins. What does that mean exactly? How could the death of Jesus help me get to heaven? What does the death of Christ save me from? How did Jesus' resurrection from the dead cause you to be born again to a living hope?
v4 To obtain an inheritance which is
Will not fade away,
Reserved in heaven for you,
4. Why has God done this? What's expected of me, or should I ask? What's in it for Him? Why go to all this trouble for me or for you?
v5 Who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed
5. What does it mean that you are "protected by the power of God"? And, what is that "power"?
In the last time.
6. A mystery?
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me and let's talk. But, please do not let this teaching go unnoticed. Understand this and acting on it is critical and the time is short!
Your Brother and Friend,