"Prepare your mind for action"
"THE CHOSEN "
A Bible Study
- Lesson 5 -
1 Peter 1:13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ
1. "Therefore"? Therefore, what? What is Peter reminding us of?
2. Why are we to prepare our minds for action? What are we to do?
3. What is coming that requires us to prepare?
1st Peter 1
Suddenly, Peter changes the mood of this letter from reminding you of WHO you are and WHY and HOW you have been "Chosen" by God, to a call to action by way of a reminder.
"Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit," Why?
1. Because, God has caused us to be born again
2. Because, We are given a Living Hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
3. Because, We have obtained a inheritance which is imperishable, undefiled, reserved in heaven for you
4. Because, We are protected by the power of God through faith, for a salvation to be revealed in the last time
5. Because, the proof of your faith, even though tested by fire, will result in praise, glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ
6. Because, Obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your soul
7. Because, These things have been announced to you thorugh those who preached the Gospel by the Holy Spirit sent to you from heaven.
"Therefore" Peter says, "prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ."
This is a call for you, and every Christian, to prepare. The final battle has begun! Peter is calling for us to get ready for the REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST.
Do Not Miss the significance of what Peter is saying.
we are getting ready for
THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST
17‘AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,’ God says,
‘THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND;
AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY,
AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS,
AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;
18 EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN,
I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT
And they shall prophesy.
19 'AND I WILL GRANT WONDERS IN THE SKY ABOVE
AND SIGNS ON THE EARTH BELOW,
BLOOD, AND FIRE, AND VAPOR OF SMOKE.
20 'THE SUN WILL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS
AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD,
BEFORE THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD SHALL COME.
21 ‘AND IT SHALL BE THAT EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE
LORD WILL BE SAVED.’
WE ARE IN THAT DAY
Therefore, Prepare your mind for action
Place cursor over page to view article