HOW CLOSE ARE WE TO “THE DAY OF THE LORD”
IN PLAIN LANGUAGE
(AND WHY YOU SHOULD YOU CARE)
2 Thessalonians2:1- 4 Now we request you, brethren, (1) with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, that you (2) not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
(3) Let no one in any way deceive you, for (4) it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and (5)the man of lawlessness is revealed, (6) the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that (7) he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.
Outlined, verse by verse (easy-to-understand; just read slowly and take it at face value)
1. With regard to the coming of our Lord and the gathering together to Him
2. Do not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
3. Let no one in any way deceive you
*5. For the day of our Lord and the gathering together to Him will not come unless the man of lawlessness is revealed
7. He takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.
WHAT IS THE APOSTASY: In Christianity Apostasy is the rejection of Christianity by someone who formerly was a Christian. The term apostasy comes from the Greek word apostasia (“ἀποστασία”) meaning defection, departure, revolt or rebellion. It has been described as “a willful falling away from, or rebellion against, Christianity.
WHAT IS THE MAN OF LAWLESSNESS / ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION:
Mattew24:15 “Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),
1. You will see him
2. He will be standing in the Holy Place
3. Then, there will be a great tribulation
WHAT IS THE DAY OF THE LORD:
The Day of the Lord” is a biblical term and theme used in both the Hebrew Bible (יֹום יְהוָה) and the New Testament (ἡμέρα κυρίου), as in “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come” (Joel 2:31, cited in Acts 2:20).
Matthew 24:21 “For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will. 22“Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.
Matthew 24:29 “But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30“And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. 31“And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.
2. THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken (The 6th Seal)
3. They will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory
4. “And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.
(Look on page 17 and following on the presentation for relevant explanation of verses noted; also, see video links below presentation)
And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you. “For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.
TIME IS RUNNING OUT. WE MUST TURN AWAY FROM WESTERN POST-MODERN RELIGION, AND RETURN TO JESUS AND HIS GOSPEL AND PRACTICE THESE THINGS
Come and join in the harvest, as we go and make disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that He commanded; and lo, He is with us always, even to the end of this age. Contact me above here for further information or click the invitation link below.
Your Brother and Friend,
More on HAS THE GREAT APOSTASY BEGUN?