When does the "Great & Terrible day of the Lord"
the 7 years of the Great Tribulation
And, When does the "midpoint" (3.5 years) occur?
This can be a great mystery. But, it need not be.
Here is the Tribulation Timeline, in summary:
1. The opening of Tribulation Seal ONE began in AD 1 , and Seals ONE through FIVE have been broken, progressively, up until this day. We are now standing at the precipice of the breaking of the 6th Tribulation Seal .
2. With the breaking of the 6th Tribulation Seal we will see that THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. “And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. “And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other. (Matthew 24:29-31 & Revelation 6:12-16)
3. Sometime after the rapture of the church, which occurs at the 6th Seal, the Antichrist enters a treaty with Israel. This begins the seven-year tribulation.
4. At the midpoint of the tribulation (1,260 days later), the Antichrist breaks the treaty, desecrates the temple, and begins to persecute the Jews.
5. At the end of the tribulation (1,260 days after the desecration of the temple), Jesus Christ returns to earth and defeats the forces of the Antichrist.
6. During the next 30 days (leading up to 1,290 days after the desecration of the temple), Israel is rebuilt and the earth is restored.
7. During the next 45 days (leading up to 1,335 days after the desecration of the temple), the Gentile nations are judged for their treatment of Israel.
(Below here is a more complete description of the Tribulation Timeline. Concern yourself with the first SIX SEALS.)
1. The 'tribulation period of birth pangs' (Matthew 24:8 & Revelation 6) begins with the breaking of the the 1st Tribulation Seal and continues through the the 5th Tribulation Seal, during which time we will see the Apostasy, the great persecution of Christians, the revealing of the man of perdition and the signing of a peace treaty between Israel and her enemies.
The 1st Seal of the tribulation was being broken just after the death and resurrection of Christ and the succeeding seals (Seals 2 - 5) have been broken at various periods of time since AD 1 and that we have now entered the time of the breaking 5th Tribulation Seal. Jesus refers to this period, the breaking of the tribulation Seals ONE through FIVE as "the beginning of the birth pangs", and He points out that "this is not yet the end".
As witnessed by, Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. 31 "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
3. The "7 years of Great Tribulation" (aka Daniels 70th week) begins with the breaking of the 6th tribulation seal, will reach the mid-point of the tribulation period, (after 3.5 years) with the sounding of the 6th Trumpet of the Great Tribulation.
4. Then, the Great Tribulation will end with the pouring out of the 7 Bowls of Wrath.
Tribulation Judgments lead to the End of the Age
(Concern yourself with the first 6 Seals):
The Opening of the 6th Tribulation Seal
The BEGINNING OF the 7 years of
"THE GREAT TRIBULATION"
Sealing of the 144,000
Multitude from the tribulation before the Throne of God
I will continue through the 'Bowl Judgments' in this article, but, for the Christian, The Rapture has occurred at this point and Jesus has taken His Spotless Bride, The Church, to the Throne of God, Her eternal home.
Be Sure. Be Ready. Be Secure.
Eternally In His Grip - Your Brother and Friend
the 7th Tribulation Seal (click to continue) - The announcement of the 7 Trumpet Judgments
Jesus is Calling
Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior.